Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sally Hansen Sale at Longs.

I'm pretty sure there are no Longs on the mainland ... here in Hawaii, Longs is a local drugstore similar to Walgreens or CVS.  I usually get most of my nail polish from the various Longs stores across the island.  Anyway, there is a sale on Sally Hansen polishes this week, so all of their polishes are 40% off.  I only ended up getting two colors: Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away and Salon Manicure Calypso Blue.  They seemed like they would be nice together, so I redid my nails with them.


One coat of Calypso Blue over one coat of Blue Me Away

The formulas for both were very good.  Blue Me Away is a sky blue creme that is practically opaque with one coat.  As I planned to layer Calypso Blue over it, I wasn't too concerned with having it completely opaque, but it did the job pretty well with one coat.  Calypso Blue is a bright turquoise shimmer that is pretty darn similar to Color Club's Wicked Sweet.  This also took only one coat.  I really like the Salon Manicure brushes; the width and shape of the brush make it easy to apply thick but even coats.  I also applied one coat of a nameless Color Club topcoat that came with the Electro Candy collection.

Very happy with the end result.  This is a good color to wear during my last few days of high school.  More posts to come soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment