Friday, May 27, 2011

University of Washington.

So if you read my previous posts, you would know that I just graduated high school.  This fall I'll be going to the University of Washington in Seattle.  I'm really happy I got in because it was my first choice school.  :)  In celebration and out of sheer boredom, I decided to do my nails in the UW colors, which are purple and gold.
This is New York Color Prince Street, which is a deep royal purple color with an shimmery finish.  The gold is Icing Excuse Me, which is a shimmery silver gold.


And this a picture of the UW logo on a blanket:


Despite being a cheap brand, NYC Prince Street went on smoothly and it only took me two coats to get the opacity I wanted.  It'd be possible to get by with one thick coat, but I always do two out of habit.  The Excuse Me went on nicely as well, but left strange swirly brushstrokes when I used it for the tips.  The brushstrokes weren't as noticeable when I used it as the main color.  It also took two coats, but those two coats were necessary and I don't think you could pull this color off with one thick coat.  It is a gold, however, so that's completely reasonable.

Hope you all are having a great week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment